Solyanka Recipe by Plantation
- 800g potatoes (Agria, mashing potatoes)
- 1 ½ cups cottage cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- Salt (to taste)
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- 6 cups shredded cabbage
- 3 cups shredded silver-beet
- Fresh herbs (parsley, thyme and marjoram have survived the heavy frosts)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Lightly grease casserole.
- Peel potatoes and chop into small pieces. Boil until tender in salted water.
- Drain and transfer to mixer.
- Whip potatoes while still hot adding sour cream and egg yolks. Fold in cottage cheese. Meanwhile melt butter in large pan. Sauté onions, cabbage and caraway seeds.
- Cook for 5 minutes and then add silver-beet. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add to whipped potato mix and spread in a casserole dish.
- Sprinkle top with sunflower seeds.
- Bake uncovered for 35 minutes or until heated through. Serve hot.